Could I Have a Mini Arm Lift? (photo)

After losing 95 pounds my arms are a bit saggy at the top and have stretch marks. I have been trying to tone them at the gym and I have slightly but I'm not happy with the bit of extra skin and fat that hangs. I don't want to have a long scar, is there any type of procedure that would help this? You I be a candidate for a mini arm tuck?

Could I Have a Mini Arm Lift

+2

I am not sure I am seeing enough laxity to merit surgery. This looks better than almost all the after pictures posted on this site. But a picture doesn't tell the story properly, so a consult with a surgeon would be in order. There are some non-surgical technologies that I would try before surgery. All the best. 

Laser Lipo & Skin Tyte

+1
Thank you for your question and photo. You are a good candidate for laser assisted liposuction combined with a non ablative skin tightening procdure.  Liposuction alone causes some skin tightening.  Adding laser to heat up the skin and collagen fibers also helps.  A postop series of skin tightening treatments such as Skin Tyte would help to improve the resulst.  This combination of treatments can avoid having to do any skin excision in someone like yourself thereby completely avoiding scarring. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Could I Have a Mini Arm Lift?

+1

Yes but I might try minimal invasive Thermigen RF skin tightening system in 2 or 3 sessions to avoid incisions. 

Mini Arm Lift After Weight Loss

+1

Based on your photographs alone, you may be a candidate for a mini arm lift (limiting scar to underarm area).  The advantage of this procedure is that the scars are inconspicuous.  The disadvantage is that the amount of skin and tissue that is removed is limited.  The real answer to your question depends on your expectations.  If you will only be pleased with "tighter" appearing, well-defined arms, you may want to consider the complete arm lift.  If you will be content with an improvement and are looking to avoid a long scar, then the mini arm lift will suffice.  Congratulations on this major accomplishment.  Please make sure you are evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.   

Mark Schwartz, MD

Mini Arm Lift Candidate?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss;  frankly, I would have expected your arms to be in worse shape after this successful weight loss. I would agree with you that a full arm lift is not indicated here. Furthermore, if I were you I would be very careful about undergoing a "limited” arm lift procedure;  these procedures, in my experience, tend to be very limited in terms of results, yet will leave you with scarring in the axillary area.  Your case may be one where it is best to leave well enough alone (no surgery).

Axillary Arm Lift

+1

First, you look very good, and I am not sure I would recommend anything.  I would have to examine you in person to determine if an axillary brachioplasty would be worthwhile.  This procedure involves removing an ellipse of skin at the axillary crease to remove some of the skin laxity, particularly that closest to the axilla.  It is impossible to remove a great deal of skin through this incision, but this may be appropriate for you.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Arm Lift after weight loss

+1

You have done a good job losing all of the weight and are now trying to tighten your arms. Your photos show good muscle tone with minimal extra fat. Skin can be tightened by non invasive techniques such as Exilis (without scar or downtime) or by surgical procedures. There are minimal incision brachioplasties that can be performed in patients with less extra skin such as you. The scar is up in the armpit area and the tightening is mostly at the upper part of the arm where it most needed. Find a plastic surgeon who is experienced in both armlifts and body contouring after major weight loss and you should be able to get the right procedure for you. 

William LoVerme, MD