Do I Have Options For a Mini Arm Lift? A Full Lift Seems Too Extreme For My Case.

I have excess fat in my arm pit and upper arms, my muscle in my arms are solid and the skin is not too saggy but a regular arm lift is too extreme what are my options?

Arm Lifting Candidate?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination, I would suggest that you be very careful about your choice of surgeon and surgical procedure. Generally speaking, patients who try to minimize scarring may end up choosing the wrong surgeon or surgical procedure and end up with regrets. For example, if arm lifting surgery is indicated and liposuctioning or "mini" arm lifting surgery is performed instead patients will end up with unsatisfactory aesthetic results requiring further surgery to revise and improve upon thr results achieved.

I would suggest an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for more precise advice.

+1

Another option if you are not ready for a brachioplasty would be Vaser Liposuction.  We offer this in our practice.  It removes fat through the liposuction process and also has skin tightening properties.  We have seen very good results with this technology.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Options are Available for Limited Arm Lifts

+1

If you have good skin elasticity and underline muscle tone to support the skin envelope then simple liposuction may be all you need.rather than a full arm lift. There are also minimal scar arm lift procedures available.If there is limited fat and loose skin close to the arm pit then a short scar technique also called a "minimal incision Brachioplasty, leaving the final scar in the arm pit may be possible.It is a great procedure for the right person See a board certified plastic surgeon for best recommendation. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Limited arm lift procedure

+1

It sounds like just liposuction is a possibility in your case.  In addition for mild cases, excision of an ellipse of skin near the axilla can result in enough skin tension to take up excess skin.  This can limit the scar but should be used only in mild cases of excess skin of the arm. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon