How Long After Mini Tummy Tuck Until I Can Lift Things?

I am having a mini abdominalplasty to remove some excess skin and muscle repair below the belly button (was told i have no issues with muscles above) done in about a month. I was told that I wouldn't be able to lift for 2 weeks but have read conflicting information on here saying that most people cant lift for 6 weeks. I have a 25lb daughter and was wondering what other professional opinions I can get about this issue. Thanks!

Hello

+1

Usually when having a tummy tuck we tell our patients that you are not able to lift anything heavier than 5 pounds for the first 2 weeks. To be able to lift 25 pounds we would say at least 6 weeks. Unless your baby is handed to you and you’re not using your abdominal muscles. Make sure you follow your post op instructions very carefully you do not want complications after.