I'm Told I Have a Hematoma but Not Alot of Bruising Just Swollen Badly? (photo)

I'm told to wait it out. It has been this swollen since day one and its been only a week,the bruising is not huge but enough to concern me. About a dime size under the breast. I was a 32b went to 275cc saline. I go to a stimulation therapy 3x a week 2get the blood flowing but I'm concerned if I should just have him do the surgery to remove it. im not worsening and my a movement is getting better but I'm scared. Since its small, good chance it will clear up just fine and on its own? What do I do?

Hematoma after Breast Augmentation

+2

My advice would the same as everyone else suggested, just wait it out. Typically the bruising progresses from a dark red or purple to a lighter color and eventually a yellow color as it heals. Make sure that you are still wearing the compression garmet and that you are limiting all arm movements (whether changing positions from a sitting to standing position to grabbing your purse). Anything additional could cause additional bruising and swelling and eventually delay your recovery. Good luck with your recovery and continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon regularly.

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Breast augmentation hematoma

+2

From what I can tell in the photos, this does not look like a hematoma; it's just a bruise and should resolve without problems.  Avoid strenous exercise as per your plastic surgeon's recommendations (typically 2-3 weeks) and you should be fine.

Web reference: http://www.natural-lookingresults.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma after Breast Augmentation

+2

A clinically significant hematoma after breast augmentation should be drained.  You do not appear to have a clinically significant hematoma.

Hematoma after BA

+2

Hello and thanks for the photos.  From them, I would also recommend to not do anything, as the shape and symmetry from the breasts is excellent.  It should clear up all on its own.  I hope this helps and good luck.  Robret Kratschmer, MD

Breast swelling because of hematoma

+1

From the pictures provided I do not think you have a hematoma deserving surgical drainage. I recommend to wait and see. Ultrasonography can help to check and follow up the amount of fluid that you have. Sure that it will go on its own

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma after breast augmentation

+1

A hematoma from breast augmentation surgery results from bleeding into the pocket that continues until the breast becomes very large, very tight, and very tender.  You do not appear to have a hematoma.  Rather, you appear to have a small bruise at the fold under your breast.  Fluid migrates to the lowest point.  In the breast, the lowest point is at this fold.  My guess is that it will resolve on its own fairly quickly, probably in a matter of a couple of weeks.  My suggestion would be to massage the area gently and to apply warm compresses (not hot!).