Not happy with profile. Would a chin implant help make my jawline more defined? Could I just do neck/jawline lipo? (Photo)

I'm not very satisfied with my profile. I was just wondering if there was a way that I could get my jawline a little more defined. Would a chin implant help? I feel that my neck and jawline are almost the same width so the jawline becomes hard to see. I'm a naturally thin person but in many pictures/situations it appears I have a double chin, especially when I turn my head. Could i just do neck/jawline liposuction? Also, I do have TMJ, so would that interfere? Thanks.

Chin implant to improve profile

+1
Your photo suggests you will have a good result from a chin implant. A liposuction can be done as well if examination shows there is excess fat to remove. If you are thin, there may not be. 

Chin surgery

+1
You would definitely improve your profile with either a chin implant or an advancement genioplasty. Neither one should affect your TMJ if done by a well trained surgeon. You could not obtain the result you want with neck lipo alone. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD,DDS Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin Implant

+1
You would have a much more balanced face and improved profile with a chin implant. It does no look like there is much neck fat and liposuction in that case can cause some difficult to correct deformities so be careful on that.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Female Chin Implant

+1
You would do well with a chin implant and jawline liposuction. Make sure your chin implant is more of a central type so that it does not look too wide in the frontal view. Women should have more of a triangular chin shape in the front view.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Not Satisfied with Facial Profile

+1
I frequently have patients ask the same question. I recommend that you have a chin-jowl implant combined with liposuction under the chin and below your jawline.

Benefits of Chin Implants

+1
You look as though you would certainly benefit from a chin implant.

Chin implants will;
  1. Make a weak chin look stronger.
  2. Make a neck with a rounded look become more defined and angular.
  3. Make a big nose look smaller.
  4. make a round neckline more angular.
For more information on chin implants and facial beauty, please read my book "A More Beautiful You - reverse aging through skincare, plastic surgery and lifestyle solutions".

Robert M. Freund, MD

Chin implant and neck liposuction for jawline definition

+1
The Photographs demonstrate fatty deposits in the neck and a weak chin profile. The combination of a chin implant with sub mental liposuction would give better facial balance and are complementary to each other. Both procedures could be performed under local or general anesthesia, as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many examples of this combination, please see the link below

+1
You would benefit from lowering and advancing your chin and contouring your neck. Ideally, you should have a sliding genioplasty and submental lipectomy through an open technique. While an implant and suctioning the fat could benefit you, moving your chin bone forward and down will allow more versatility and greater success. Open neck contouring through about an inch incision under the chin may allow removing the fat from under the muscles that may not be possible or easy with suctioning. This is not to say that using a chin implant is a mistake.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Not happy with profile.

+1
You absolutely would benefit from a chin implant.  If you place your finger from your lip down, your chin should almost touch your finger.  Yours is fairly far behind.  A chin implant would project the chin forward and balance the lower half of your face.

+1
YOu are the kind of person that a chin implant is made for,  maybe with a little suction of your neck.  TMJ shouldn't be an issue one way or  the other. It will probably be unaffected.  You will look great. 

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon