Labioplasty and cost

I have a little longer labia that causes much itching, dryness, and irritation that came after my last child. First, can this surgery be covered by insurance? Second, is this an extensive surgery or something that could be done in dr. Office with just local? Lastly, what does price for this procedure tend to run in nature? Thank you

Labiaplasty Cost and Local Anesthesia

+1
Labiaplasty can be performed under local anesthesia quite well in the office.  I perform this quite frequently as it is cheaper for patents that are paying out of pocket.  Insurance will sometimes cover this procedure if it is deemed medically necessary. Indications would be pain with intercourse, irritation, difficulty with daily activities.  When performed under local in the office this procedure typically will cost between $2000-$2750.  

Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Laser labioplasty under local anesthesia

+1
A minor labiaplasty can be done under local anesthesia in the doctor's office.However most of my patients prefer general anesthesia so they are not awake during the procedure.

I used a laser to perform labiaplastybecause there is much less trauma to the tissues.

Labioplasty under local anesthesia can usually be done for $2500 in the office.  However general anesthesia in the hospital operating room can bring the Price to $4500

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS