Butt Implants Look Like Shelves?

My friend was in a strip club in Vegas. She said some of the gals had butt implants and the looked like shelves. is this still true? This was 4 years ago.

Butt Implants Look Like Shelves

+1

Butt implants do have the potential for rotation or to have portions or edges that are more prominent.  These can be exchanged or fat transfer methods can be employed to improve appearance.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Buttock Implants Results

+1

Any surgery can look unatural if not done by experienced hands in a tasteful manner.  The key with buttock implants is for the surgeon to precisely measure the anotomic dimensions of the patient's buttock cheeks and then choose an implant size and shape that not only augments but reasonably fits within these dimensions.  Not infrequently, I will further sculpt the implant in the operating room to its best fit.  Anything much less or much more will either create an unsatisfactory result or a myriad of complications, respectively. Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Usually not, they can look very natural

+1

Hi Miss Sea Siren,  

Usually buttock implants can look very natural if they are properly performed and if the patient is compliant with postoperative instructions.  The surgery does not work well in smokers.   The problem is some surgeons who are not familair with buttock augmentation attempt this surgery and place the implants on top of the muscle.  This makes the implant more visible and the problem is made worse if the implant is too large for the patients natural buttocks to hold.   A skilled surgeon can make them very natural looking by placing the implants under muscle and chosing a size that the patients buttocks can actually cover and hold.  If this is done, patients will have a very natural result.   If you want, take a look at my website, I am doctor here in Vegas, and you can see some very natural results.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD