Milk Thistle for Capsular Contracture?

I had breast implants, and my right breast keeps having capsular contracture. My plastic surgeon pops them everytime I see him. He put me on milk thistle and Vitamin E just recently. Does this work to soften the breast?

Milk thistle for capsular contracture is debatable

+1

Recurrent capsular contracture is fortunately rare but can be annoying. There are no oral remedies that work reliably. If you smoke, I would say decrease it as it can make it worse. A history of infection or bleeding can also encourage contracture to recur.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Milk thistle and Vitamin E for Breast Implant Capsular Contracture

+1

Milk thistle seems to appear as a cure-all for many ailments including hangover.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no defintive evidence that milk thistle is beneficial in the treatment of capsular contracture. To be fair, I must state that there is no proof that it is not beneficial ( a double negative).

The cause of capsular contracture is essentially unknown and so is its treatment. Currently the most popular treamtent is accolate but this too is anecdotal.

Most plastic surgeons have ceased the use of closed capsulotomy in the management of capsular contracture although it was very popular in the past.