Mild Tuberous Breast Correction - Subglandular Panic? (photo)

Mild tuberous breast - 5 weeks ago sub-glandular breast augmentation 400cc Moderate Plus gel implants, areolar incision and internal incisions to release tissue. My surgeon made the argument for sub-glandular stating that I had adequate upper pole tissue, and that it yields better results. My implants are well hidden, but I have moments where I get extremely worried about having sub-glandular given risks, and some surgeon comments on the site. Should I be worried? What are my future options?

Subglandular implants

+1

Subglandular implants are ok if you have enough soft tissue coverage.  If you do not, you are more likely to see rippling in the upper pole.

Sublglandular Silicone implants for tuberous breasts

+1

Dear HopingForAwesome.  Don't worry about your subglandular implants.  You have the advantage now that if you work your pectoral muscles (bench press, push ups, yoga, Pilates, etc), your implants won't bounce around like 2 puppies fighting under your shirt (like women with subpectoral implants experience).  You may want to talk to your plastic surgeon about how to properly massage your breasts to prevent capsular contractures.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Panic after subglandular implants

+1

If the implants are in and working out well there is no need to panic. There are advantages to submuscular implants, especially over long periods of time, however there are disadvantages to submuscular implants as well. It is too late to panic, and too soon to tell what the future holds. Risks are simply that, not a guarantee, and you might beat the odds.