Mild Stinging Pain Above Left Breast Implant- Silicone Over Muscle. Is This Normal 7 Weeks Post Op?

I woke up with a mild sting above my left breast implant on the chest wall. It doesn't hurt to massage my breasts, they're very soft but I have a mild sting around the perimeter of my breast implant. I feel a mild sting when I touch my chest wall. Is this normal 7 weeks post op? I thought it maybe due to working out last night (not upper body), a tight sports bra, and/or being on my cycle. Specs: Above Muscle Silicone 397cc (rt) 421 (lt) Any advice or wisdom will help! Thanks in advance!

Unusual stinging pain is 7 weeks after breast augmentation is not unusual.

+1

Thank you for your question. The pain you describe after having a breast augmentation is not unusual especially after working out when you're 7 weeks after breast augmentation. Please check with your plastic surgeon for an examination to make sure there is nothing wrong.

+1

This is very common and can continue for several weeks even on and off for a few months. And it can be just on one side and not the other.....But over time, it all gets better....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mild pain breast implants

+1

It is fairly common to have mild discomfort at the 7 or 8 week mark. This usually gets better with time. If you have concerns, you should see your surgeon to be evaluated.

Post-augment pain

+1
Mild pain at your point postoperatively is common and can continue for months after surgery. However, it is always wise to check with your plastic surgeon and, if you are working out, to "listen to your body" and not to overdo it.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Most likely the “mild stinging pain” you are experiencing 7 weeks after surgery falls within the “normal” range of sensations after breast augmentation surgery. To be sure, follow up with your plastic surgeon for direct examination.

Best wishes