Mild Ptosis: Can this be fixed without a lift? (photo)

I have had two consults with MD's. One suggested a lift along with small implants. Another suggested implants would lift breasts enough. I do not want scaring associated with lifts if I can achieve a little lift with implant . Would appreciate recs on implant size, placement, shape, etc. and any comments about lift vs no lift. Thank you in advance! 5'6: 140# mom of two. breastfed 2. workouts include: running, zumba, lifting, etc. 6 days a week.

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
Women refuse lifts because of the ugly vertical scars associated with the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. For that reason, a new technique was developed called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size but if you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired size. Since you are active, I recommend the smallest implants possible and this technique will correct the asymmetry you have.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants with or without lift.

+1
From your pictures it appears that you could be a candidate for either.  But the pro's and con's of each are different.  Implants alone will leave you with a lower position of your breast on your chest wall.  Some women are willing to accept that to avoid scars on the breast and some are not.  Best to see your plastic surgeon to show you pictures of each approach in patients who looked like you before surgery.  Implants alone will not actually "lift" the breasts.  Good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

Breast lift with implants

+1
I'm afraid you are going to need a lift. Your left breast is more ptotic (lower) than your right and will need a greater degree of lifting. The size of implants chosen can affect the amount of lifting required, and therefore may impact on the amount of scarring involved. However, you will need a face-to-face assessment to determine this.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

+1
Based on your photos, you will get a mild lift with implants depending on the size of the implants.  However it is very likely that you will still have breast ptosis. You will need a lift to reposition the breast on top of the implant so that you don't have a breast hanging off an implant look.

I would definitely consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your different options and to discuss how much of a lift you may need.  

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Mild Ptosis: Can this be fixed without a lift?

+1
Thank you for the question and photos. First of all you have asymmetry with ptosis. I agree with your first surgeon, you will need a lift and correction of the asymmetry. No surgeon wants to place extra scars on a person if it is not needed. Often patients pressure the surgeon into a minimal scarring procedure, but they do not understand that the outcome will be suboptimal. At that time, of course it becomes the surgeon's fault. It is difficult to recommend implants without the advantage of an examination. I described implant selection on multiple previous posts. You look athletic, work out a lot and this needs to be taken into consideration when choosing an implant. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Lift or Implants

+1
Implants alone would give you big, droopy breasts, not more lifted ones. You need a mastopexy as well as implants. 

Seek a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery, as evidenced by membership in The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Ask to see many pre and post op photos and speak with previous patients.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I don't believe that by only adding implants your results would be as great as if you combined them with a breast lift.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
A dual plane technique will help lift the breast some.  Also an implant can be placed directly behind the breast tissue which will provide volume.  Inevitably down the road a lift will become necessary with a reasonable sized implant.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

GREY AREA

+1
You are in the grey area and if you were my patient I would say given that you are scared of scars lets put a small implant in which will give you some volume but you will still be droopy, wait 6 months and add a lift if needed. It would be more expensive to have two surgeries but would be safer. Or I would put the implant in and have you consent to a lift and let me make the decision in the OR

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC