Mild Nasolobial Creases for a Patient in Early Twenties? (photo)

i developed some mild nasolobial lines from smiling. there is some loss of volume in those areas. what is the best (long-lasting) way to get rid of them. I had them since i was 19. will fat in injection work and because i'm young, will it be more successful?

Nasolabial lines

+2

I don't see anything wrong with your face. If you were my patient I would discuss why you feel the need to do anything at all. Have you lost weight lately? That can cause you to feel that you have less facial volume.

Birmingham Dermatologist

Young Man with Midface Creases

+2

Being such a young individual, you would have many options:

• fat injection works really well in this area, this assumption is that you have some reserve fat to harvest to inject
  • Radiasse is probably my favorite filler for this region as it gives you some immediate and long lasting results, price is typically higher than other fillers
  • Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is another filler, composed of hylauronic acid, and the results are immediate and last about 9-12 months, many patients like that it comes with lidocaine so it does not hurt as many others
  • In my opinion, other fillers on the market are fine, with advantages and disadvantages and you should discuss with your injector.

It would benefit you to go to Allergan's website and find someone who is a Platinum account or higher to ensure that you are being injected by a "pro"  Good luck...

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Try a Small Amount of Juvederm Ultra or Do Nothing!

+2

Hi, I would certianly agree that your nasolabial folds are quite mild and given your young age would recommend a temporary yet effective treatment like Juvederm Ultra instead of fat injections. Fat injections for the nasolabial folds can be a tricky proposition and I have found work the best in patients with moderate folds and thicker skin. In mild folds and thin skin the risk of developing "lumps and bumps" from the fat is higher. It requires multiple injections to have enough fat survive to get a worthwhile result. Also your face is going to change as time goes on and getting a "permanent" procedure at this time may end up becoming a bigger problem down the line. Take care, Dr. Kamran Jafri

Nasolabial Creases in Young Man

+1

The success of fat augmentation, which I have done for over 25 years, does not depend on the age of the patient but rather the technique of the surgeon. The pictures you submit do not support your concern about the nasolabial grooves but do show a lack of good cheek contours  and suggest poor chin projection with pre-jowl depressions. Consult with a surgeon experienced in facial aesthetic surgery.

Facial rejuvenation

+1

I do not see a deep nasolabial fold. There is hypertrophied masster muscle, lack of cheek bones, pre-jowles depression.

You need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) for full evaluation and options.