I Have Mild Midfacial Hypoplasia Would I Be a Good Canidate for Cheek Implants? (photo)

I have mild midfacial hypoplasia paired with a underbite. I had a Lefort 1 surgery and now my bite is fine. I then went on to get a spacer graft under my lower eyelids because my eyes were very protruded. The only thing now is my cheek area its a little flat so I was wondering if I was a good canidate for cheek implants?.The lower half of my midface has fallen out more after the Lefort 1. The upper half is still sunken and flat.

Midfacial augmentation

+2

Cheek implants are definately an option, but you co use also consider fat grafting which could allow you surgeon to sculpt a result that is not limited by the shape of the implant.  Consult your surgeon and ask to see photos.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants for "low cheeks".

+2

Yes cheek implants will bring your cheeks out and create better facial balance. This has few complications with infection possible, but unlikely.

Would I Be a Good Canidate for Cheek Implants?

+1

Aesthetically speaking yes, you'd be a good candidate for cheek augmentation with cheek implants as well chin augmentation with a chin implant.  My only concern is the placement of screws and or plates form the previous surgeries and whether they would interfere with the implant placement.  

Never Underestimate the Value of Nice Cheekbones.

+1

"Strong" cheekbones in males, "High" cheekbones in females are common adjectives we use to describe the attractive midface. Depending on the volume needed, augmentation of this area can be as simple as Radiesse or Sculptra in the office, fat injections in the procedure room, or silicone implants under anesthesia. Whichever way you go, added volume to this area can definitely improve your look! Seek a reputable plastic surgeon in your area who can discuss these varied treatments for you, and together you can determine what's best for you. 

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants for Midface Hypoplasia

+1

Cheek implants will improve the contour and projection of your midface. It is nice to see that you continue to improve and reach your goals.