What Size Will I Achieve with 245 Gr Dual Plane? (photo)

Good morning from Italy! Some weeks ago the doctor suggested allergan natrelle 245 gr anatomical extra full projection in dual plane. This is because I'm very thin. The width of my breast is 10cm (3,93 inches) and the distances between the sternal notch and the nipples are 15 and 16 cm. (5,9 and 6,2 inches). He assured me that i will achieve a small C, which would be very good, but I'm not sure this is true. 245 gr seems so small. What do you think about it? Thanks in advance

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Size

+1

As a general rule there is no standard for a cup size since cup sizes will vary depending on the manufacturer and the bra style. Your measurements will determine the proper size.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

245 cc and What Cup Size?

+1

In a very narrow, thin individual 200 cc may increase the individual by a cup size.  Therefore, 245 cc may take you from an A to small C, but this is only a guess.

Cup Size is related to Projection.

+1

Hello, and thank you for your question and photos.

While it is impossible to fully predict post-operative cup size exactly, especially without an in person examination, good educated guesses are possible.

You breast diameter is very small, and I suspect you have a very thin chest frame.  If the diameter of the implant matches your ideal breast diameter, then the projection is the key.  While 245 cc doesn't seem like a lot, most of the volume is going into projection and thus cup size.  If you are an A cup currently, then you will probably be a C cup with an extra full projection implant.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cup size and implant volume

+1

Unfortunately it is very difficult to compare the implant volume with cup size.  It is best to do a baggy test with the volume that you think will be right for you and see how it looks in a bra and t-shirt.  Good luck. For me to properly assess you, it would be best to see you in person.

Ultimate size?

+1

There's absolutely no way to determine your exact size after surgery. The size you mention could give you a C or a B cup. The plastic surgeon your're seeing has the advantage of having examined you and should have a better grasp on the recommendation she/he's made. It's better to identify that the size you mentioned will likely make you look better and give you more confidence. Best wishes, Aldo Guerra MD.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Bra Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. I  suggest that patients not base communication of goals  or satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.