Can Migration of Filler Cause Skin Necrosis?

I am wondering if it is possible for migration of filler to "migrate" and put pressure on an artery causing skin necrosis? Has this ever happened?

Skin necrosis with dermal filler

+2

Yes it does and yes it can.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Filler and necrosis

+1

Usually when skin necrosis occurs it is from direct injectioninto the vascular system.  It is unlikely that migration of the filler causes the skin to necrose.