Migrating Surgisil Implants

How can I stop Surgisil implants from migrating toward the corner of my mouth? When does the 'pocket' they are in heal?

PermaLip implants migrating

+3

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PermaLip implant migrating to the side. I have been using these implants for several years and this has not been a problem. Yes, the implant will move slightly (as does a breast implant), but should naturally return to the center. This slight movement allows the lips to move and function as if there is not an implant.  The implants come in a variety of lengths, and I suspect that the implant you have may be too short. One option is to remove the implant, allow the space to close down and then have it replaced. Another option is to exchange the implant for a slightly longer implant.  There are very few people experieced with these lip implants so make sure to find someone with several years experience using these.

Migrating lip implants can be stabilized

+1

You can stabilize lip implants. You can also do things to the sides of the lips to help them stay in place. I have had this before and I like to do a special technique in the center of the lips to make them heal in the center. Below is a video on permalip augmentation that you can watch to learn more. When you call in for a consultation we can use this video for more discussion.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permalip Implant Migration

+1

It sounds like your implant isn't long enough if you are constantly having migration problems.  Usually the implants are very close to the length of the lip (they come in 3 lengths).  It is normal for them to be able to move, but it shouldn't constantly migrate to the corner of your mouth.  You might want to get your lips remeasured to see if that could be it.  Your chart at your surgeon's office will have stickers from the lip implants used that will include their length.

Jeffrey A. Jones, MD
Hendersonville Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Unfortunately, the implants may never stay in place, you are probably better off removing them and stick with fillers.

Fat injections versus lip implants.

+1

We generally offer fat injections for permanent lip enhancements.  Lots of patients have had lip implants and shortly after had them removed because they slip out of place and also feel uncomfortable.