What to Expect with Brazilian Butt Lift and Hip Augmentation?

Hello, My question is what can i expect from fat grafting to butt and hips post op? -Is the aftercare different than just having a bbl? -How successful usually is fat grafting to the hips? Garments, should i be worried about my hips being compressed in my post op garment? Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated. ~Thanx, Curves

Brazilian Butt Lift & Hip augmentation

+1

Brazilian Butt Lift usually involves fat grafting to the buttocks. However, experience Plastic Surgeons also include the Hips to enhance the overall shape and improve curves. The postop care is the same. We inform our patients to avoid pressure on the grafted area. The best way to get the best result is to see a board certified plastic surgeon

Recovery From Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You should expect to be sore for about a week after a Brazilian Butt Lift.  Most patients return to work 10 days post op.  By three weeks, light cardio can be started and by 6 weeks full weight training.  Adding your hips to the procedure should not drastically alter the recovery.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Longevity, Post Operative

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift typically improves the shape of the buttocks and hips.

When conservatively and properly injected most of the fat survives.

Post operative recuperation is usually straighforward with several days of well toerated soreness or mild pain.  Wearing a compressive garment allows most patients to return to work within a few days. This garment should be smooth, without, creases and just snug enough to be worn for the month after the procedure.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

BBL

+1

There is no difference in the results for fat grafting to the hips or the buttocks and the post operative instructions are the same

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Fat grafting to hips

+1

We frequently perform fat grafting to hips along with the buttocks.  There is a good success of the fat survival.  It is important not to lay on the hips too long just like not sitting in the buttocks. 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt lift

+1

fat transfer has been proven to be effective and successfull. It is technique dependant and experience matters.

Fat graft to the hips is very successfull, and about 60-80%  of the injected fat will stay. Every plastic surgeon has his/her own post op instruction and care. You need to follow their protocol for optimal results. If they have not given you a sheet of instructions for preop. and post op care then ask the doctor and write it down. Good luck

Hip Fat Transfer with Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Hip fat transfer at the same time as Brazilian buttlift is performed frequently.  The answers to some of your questions depends on exactly where the fat was injected.  The garment is usually above the areas I graft, but you should probably ask your plastic surgeon as techniques and postoperative care can vary.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA