Will a Surgically Lowered Inframammary Fold Raise Itself or Not?

After consulting multiple surgeons, I still am unsure. I had a BA 12/12 and my PS surgically lowered my crease to accommodate the 350cc submuscular silicone. I'm explanting 6/4/13 and my PS said she doesn't need to heighten the crease at that time. Other surgeons say I MUST have surgery to raise it and others say it'll raise itself. Why such a strong difference in opinions? Will it or won't it raise itself? I'm afraid if it doesn't, my post-explant boobs will sit too low.

Low infra-mammary fold

+2

Pictures would be helpful. The amount of lowering of the fold is important. If it is a lot then suturing to tighten and correct the fold will be necessary. A small lowering of the fold is likely to correct itself after your implants have been removed. Your implants have weight and relieving that weight might be enough to allow the fold to come up. It is a judgement that your surgeon will need to make.

Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Breast Implants and Inframammary Fold Area?

+1

It is not uncommon, in the field of plastic surgery, to receive differing opinions and/or advice.  These different opinions result from different plastic surgeons'  experience (or lack thereof),  differing education/training and/or personal belief or bias.

Although I cannot provide you with specific advice, some general thoughts may be helpful to you. In my opinion, based on many cases of breast implant removal, the inframammary fold area will not change significantly when breast implants are removed. Breast tend to “bounce back” (depending on quality of skin elasticity, size of breast implants etc.)  in the position that they currently "sit";  the inframammary fold will not miraculously raise itself.

On the other hand, it is possible to adjust the inframammary folds during surgery using capsulorraphy techniques (to raise the inframammary fold areas). Of course, as the complexity of the procedure increases, so do the potential risk/complications. Therefore, pros/cons as well as potential risk/complications should be considered carefully during the decision-making process.

I hope this and attached link help.