My Doctor Lowered my Crease to Insert the Implants, but Now Says She Won't Raise It when Explanting. Is This Normal?

I had 350cc silicone unders placed on 12/27/12. I'm explanting 6/4/13. My PS lowered my crease initially because my nipple to fold measured only 5cm. It now measures around 9 cm with the implant. At my recent consult, she said she wasn't going to raise the crease. I'm concerned about how my breasts will look because of this. Is it normal not to raise the crease if it's been lowered and you're explanting so soon? (Also, I'm 25, no kids, no weight gain/loss, and have good skin elasticity.)

Removal of Breast Implants and Inframammary Fold Area Concerns?

+1

Unfortunately, I do not think that the inframammary folds will necessarily “reset” without additional intervention during removal of breast implant surgery. I have touched upon some options (capsulorraphy) when answering additional questions you have posted.

Best wishes with your decision-making and upcoming surgery.

+1

I am not sure what "normal" would be. I do about 200 augmentations a year, and an early explant about once every two or three years.. The fraction of those in which the fold was altered would be low, so I can't say what is normal.

I would yield to your surgeon's suggestion, since she has examined you, and I only see photos. But it is completely appropriate to discuss this with your surgeon. I would assume she feels that is will reset itself just by normal wound healing, and that seems a reasonable expectation., Since the pocket is lower than the incisions, I might be inclined to set the fold even with the incisions,

All the best.