Can anything be done for my hip bumps? Am I stuck with this anatomy? (photos)

I had a tummy tuck 4 months ago. Now I'm noticing other areas of my body that may need attention if possible. I have a flat butt with concave sides. Would liposuction help reduce the upper hip bumps on either side? Or, is this the way I'm made and I can't realistically expect any procedure to enhance this area. By the way, I am not interested in a BBL. I'm Ok with a small butt. I don't like the protruding hip bumps. I would like to understand my anatomy limitations.

Hip bumps

+3
Hi SuZQue. 
Thank you for your question and excellent photos. You are not stuck where you are and something can definitely be done for you. I agree that you don't need a butt lift. Suctioning of the unwanted fat and fullness in your hip area will I believe get you the results you are looking for. I would then also suggest lipo-contouring with fat injections the concave area adjacent to the buttocks to further improve your contour.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Upper Hip Indentations

+2
Your trochanteric indentations can be filled in with fat injections. The surrounding rim of the 'crater' can be simultaneously treated by liposuction. Done together, the combination should help make for a smoother outer upper hip contour.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Dr. Kayser

+2
I agree with the previous comments. Your tummy tuck has made things more dis-proportionate so liposuction with possible fat transfer to the adjacent hollows would improve things for you. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr. Kayser - St. Clair Shores

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of hip bumps

+2
You are a great candidate for liposuction of what you refer as "hip bumps" (otherwise known as "love handles" or "muffin tops"). It is straightforward and your recovery will be much easier than the tummy tuck. You will have to wear a compressive garment for a number of weeks until the swelling abates. I commonly recommend liposuction of the hips with a tummy tuck for exactly the phenomenon you are describing; it helps complete trimming of your midsection. Good luck and the results of your tummy tuck look very nice!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Problem areas.

+2
Hello, thank you for the questions and the pics. Your problem resides, that you have a square hip, with a hypoplastic (small) buttock. The best way to address this is by liposuction, build a beautiful lower back arch and smoothen that waistline a bit, and some fat transfer to fill in the C point deformity (The hollow space in your hips) so your hips become rounder and the transition from the waistline is smoother and less bumpy. You can have some fat transfer to your buttocks just to mold it a bit without being to dramatic, remember you have the last word in how much more volume you want, and the result should accommodate your desires and needs, not the plastic surgeon's

Jose A. Leon, MD