Knowing That I Have a Big Nose, Should I Get a Nosejob or Does It Not Really Clash my Face? (photo)

I know that my nose is bulbous and i have slight a asymmetrical projection on the left side of my face. But considering the high price, should i get nose surgery or does it fit decently well with my face considering proportions and ratios.

Rhinoplasty Decision?

+2

There are circumstances where Rhinoplasty will offer very little aesthetic benefit, but this is not such a situation. As other posters have pointed out, there are very clear anatomical features that could, if altered, enhance the appearance of your nose.  These features include the enlarged, cephalically positioned lower lateral  cartilages that make up your wide nasal tip.  The decision to make aesthetic changes to the nose or any part of the face is entirely up to the patient.  In other words, nobody "needs" aesthetic Rhinoplasty. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I have rhinoplasty?

+1

It is really a personal decision as to whether or not you should have surgery. There are financing companies available that offer payment plans that help make surgery more affordable. I would recommend a consult with a board certified surgeon who uses computer imaging software. He/she will be able to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. This will help you to determine if surgery is something you would like to follow through with. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Decision to undergo rhinoplasty

+1

The decision to go through a rhinoplasty procedure is very personal.  If you were to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure the goals would be to narrow the tip and bridge and give more symmetry to the nose.  Any associated hump would be removed at the same time.

Knowing That I Have a Big Nose, Should I Get a Nosejob or Does It Not Really Clash my Face?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the cheeks are flat, the chin is weak and a very wide nose.  The nose could be thinned and refined, with a Rhinoplasty, which would be an aesthetic improvement but only you can decide if this is something that interests you.  

Should I Get a Nosejob?

+1

Any question of cosmetic surgery is a personal one. Plastic surgeons are advisors (not just surgeons), and a good one should be able to listen to your concerns and openly discuss options you might wish to consider.  A first step I'd recommend is to have a consultation with DIGITAL IMAGING with a plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. This is a no-obligation, risk free way of learning more about rhinoplasty while actually seeing your face with a less bulbous nose.  Then, you can be the judge. If you like what you see, you would probably like to have a rhinoplasty. Then, the question will be not if, but when.   

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty For Bulbous Nose

+1

The very fact that you have asked this question has raised concerns in your mind that your nose is too big. If you were just looking at proportions, your nose width does fit the rest of your face. Much of the extreme width of your nose comes from the tremendous size of your lower alar cartilages. Much of that could be changed by a rhinoplasty procedure and it would make a signficant difference. It would put your nose back into a more proportionate relationship with the rest of your face.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Is my nose too big for my face?

+1

You alone must answer this question. Do I think your nose could be improved? Most definitely. It could be narrowed and the tip width and definition could be improved significantly. Remember that any change made should be considered permanent, so you must be comfortable with the expectations your PS presents to you. The cost should take in to account that the change is permanent. If you annualize the cost, maybe it isn't so expensive.

Find someone who does lots of rhinoplasties for the best chance of an good result. Even with the best surgeons, the revision rate is about 5%. Best of luck. Rhinoplasties can be very gratifying.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Elective rhinoplasty is a personal decision

+1

You can analyze anybody's nose and find ways to improve the appearance, so the only person who can decide whether or not you should get a rhinoplasty is you. If you are happy with your nose you should leave it alone. If the appearance bothers you, you should consider rhinoplasty and learn all about the procedure, risks, benefits, and what you can reasonably expect from the surgeon you choose. The points you mention about the bulbous tip, asymmetry, and overall proportion with your face are all things that can be improved with rhinoplasty, but whether or not you want surgery, only you can know. I wouldn't let others talk you into it. Once you do it, you can't turn back the clock, so be absolutely sure before proceeding with any surgery.

Anita Patel, MD

Should I Get a Nosejob

+1

Only you can decide if you should get a nose job. Sometimes professionals, such as entertainers, have this surgery on the recommendation of their agents because it is an investment in their future. If you do not have that type of pressure I suggest you see a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss what can be changed, whether you'd like that appearance. and what price you'd pay both personally and financially.

Should I have nose surgery/

+1

Ultimately this decision is a personal one for you. Nobody "has to have" a nosejob. Patients typically seek this procedure to correct concerns about their facial appearance that bother them and will improve their confidence and self esteem. Having said that from a "textbook" aesthetic point of view you could have significant benefit in your tip shape, size and overall nose proportion with a rhinoplasty. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon