Do I Need a Chin Implant or Does my Jaw Need to Be Rotated Forward. Something Seems 'Off' with my Lower Face? (photo)

I am also going into a face to face with a plastic surgeon this March but I want as many professional opinions as I can have.

Chin Implant to Increase Projection

+1

A chin implant can be utilized to create the illusion of a longer jawline.  This is a straightforward outpatient procedure with little downtime that can be performed without a visible scar.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A chin implant can help strengthen the jawline

+1

Chin implants do a great job of improving the jawline.  There are several different anatomic types of chin implant and all may be further shaped at the time of surgery.  During your consultation you should discuss the specific changes you desire in height, width and projection.  Video imaging may also be helpful.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for weak profile

+1

A chin implant can be inserted over the  mandible to increase the frontal projection, vertical height, and width of the chin.  A chin implant can be done under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

Chin Augmentation Options

+1

Your lower face is 'off' because your chin is horizontally short. Whether that should be treated by a chin implant or a sliding genioplasty will depend on what changes you want to see from the frontal view as well. This is where computer imaging can be really helpful to look at the different options in chin dimensional changes.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin

+1

A chin implant can create a stronger jawline and chin projection.  This is usually a very simple type of procedure and can usually be done under local anesthesia ( as opposed to chin or jaw advancement surgery).  There are various sized implants that can help get the look you want.  You should find a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to evaluate you in person to review your needs and goals.  Many times I use Photo morphing technology to show my patients of the possible outcomes.  Thanks for your question.     

Steven Svehlak, MD

Chin implant would do

+1

If you are looking for a stronger jawline, then certainly a chin implant would help a great deal.  I think jaw surgery to correct this is overkill unless you are considering only a chin advancement, but even this may be too much.  Good luck in your consultation.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Chin Implant?

+1

A direct examination by a Plastic Surgeon would be the best advice to access your complaints and desires. Personally I do not think your profile seems "off". Your profile photographs show that you could use a small chin implant to provide a stronger jawline. If your having problems with your bite then this will need further evaluation by a specialist. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD