Would I benefit from a blepharoplasty procedure? I have been very concerned about the lower lid. (Photo)

Im 46 years old and don't wear any make up. I have been very concerned about the lower lid. I don't know who else to ask so I thought I would try this website. Since I have no way of covering up my eyes i wear glasses all the time. I'm your professional opinion would I really need this procedure? I would like to know before I spend money. Thanks

Periorbital rejuvenation.

+2
Looking at your picture, I see several interesting things:

First both lower lids are with laxity, excess skin and a bit droopy, with significant hollowness of the nasojugal area (deep tear trough hollow), depression which occurs at the infero-medial aspect of the lower lid.
Your face have a substantial deflation and descent of the mid face malar fat (cheeks), and in your lower eyelids there is too an infra-orbital flattening (volumen deficit) which is caused by descent of the mid face malar fat and periorbital tissues.

You need to have a full blepharoplasty on both upper and lower eyelids. For lower periorbital rejuvenation you need to have an orbicularis oculi muscle lifting, this procedure elevate the lower lid, correct muscle weakness, the periorbital hollows, and the tear troughs; creating a smooth plane then soften the orbital line or the transition from your eyelid to your cheek.

With this procedure you can achieve a more rested look. After surgery your lower eyelid is just smooth with no bags, no wrinkles and black circles; the scar is in the lower lash line, heal well and it’s invisible.

Orlando Figueroa Cerpa M.D.

Tijuana, Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Less is more..

+2
Blepharoplasty with lower eyelid skin tightening would probably yield good results. Often a mild laser skin resurfacing on the dark circles can improve the skin color, give a youthful glow and tighten the skin. This can be performed in conjunction with the blepharoplasty. I would make sure the surgeon is cautious and does not over correct or the results will look worse than doing nothing at all. All the best!

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid bleph

+2
Thank you for your pictures.  I would recommend a lower eyelid bleph to remove your excess skin and fat.  This would give you give you a more rested appearance

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Would I benefit from a blepharoplasty procedure? I have been very concerned about the lower lid.

+2
Whether you "need" a cosmetic operation or not is a decision you can only make! Best to seek IN PERSON examinations and opinions. I might recommend upper and lower lid blepharoplasty with canthalpexy. 

Would I benefit from a blepharoplasty procedure? I have been very concerned about the lower lid

+2
Based on your photos, you would benefit from both a upper and lower blepharoplasty.  You have a fold of skin on your upper eyelids, as well as fat pockets and too much skin on your lower lids.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lower lid blepharoplasty

+2
  A lower blepharoplasty will help rejuvenate the lower lids, however the dark discoloration in the skin will not be changed with the surgical procedure. The primary goal of lower eyelid surgery is to remove excess puffiness created by 3  fat pads on the lower lids and to remove some excess skin. The amount of skin removed is determined at rest, not with animation. For many examples, please see the  link below

Lower eyelid bleph

+2
You look like you would benefit from a lower eyelid surgery.  Tough to tell from these pictures what I might recommend, and you certainly want to get a couple of opinions.  From these pictures it looks like you have some skin laxity and some volume deficit.  So you may need a fat transfer and some skin removed.  See an oculoplastic surgeon who can help you decide what would be the best option for you.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from a blepharoplasty procedure?

+2
If you are concerned with the appearance of your lower eyelids, you schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure. Make sure to choose a double board certified plastic surgeon that is experienced with eyelid surgery.

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

+2
Yes your lower eyelids show changes that can be improved with Blephroplasty   It is important to find a surgeon who is board certified and who performs a lot of eyelid surgery. Best to you

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lower lids

+2
skyediva, your photos are not the best but from what I can see I would be offering you a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty". This procedure corrects the puffy area under the eye as well as lifts the midface while tightening the skin. Done by a competent experienced surgeon it is my opinion that it is the best approach to the lower lids. I believe if you "Google" the procedure and read about you will agree. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon