Midface Suture Loop Lift Lip Numb?

I had a suture loop cheek lift 2.5 weeks ago. I bruised badly on the right side. As swelling is resolving I can animate normally for the most part but my lip is slightly numb on the right side and covers my teeth more when smiling and talking. I am worried because it feels like there is no improvement.

Mid face suture loop lift still numb

+1

If you had a lot of bruising (and every patient is different), you may have some sustained  numbness for quite some time.  The sensory nerves will almost certainly regain normal function within 6 to 12 months or sooner.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Midface sutures with lip numbness

+1

suggests that your sensory nerve has been injured but it should recover with time.  As for the animation with smiling, if your muscles do move on that side, it too, should recover with time.  I hope the midface suture lift did accomplish what you expected and if not, you should be discussing this with your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD