Midface Plus Tear Trough, Submalar Combo, or Filler? (photo)

Mid 40's, I had malar implants removed 7 months ago, were showing thru under super-thin skin. I want to make sure I choose best option for my facial structure. Have consulted with 3 certified surgeons. Primary complaints: tear trough shadows, lack of volume, lack of structure. Would like tear trough implants, but am wary of midface lift recovery / appearing alien-like. For malar/sub-malar, am wary of adding more lateral projection to already high cheekbones. Filler OK, except puffy & cost.

Malar implants removed 7 months ago, wary of mid face lift recovery and alien appearance.

+1
It's not uncommon for the cheeks to thin out with aging.  Having the malar implants removed has obviously also contributed to an overall loss of volume in that area.  I have performed many Cheek Augmentations with Cheek Implants for over 25 years and in your particular case, I do not believe that you have to return to cheek implants as an option just yet.

I'd suggest trying a filler (I prefer Perlane that flows better than Radiesse in my opinion) to shape your cheeks in the proper aesthetic manner for a man's face.  You are right to be concerned about the appearance after a mid face facelift as this procedure does lift the corners of the mouth and eyebrows.  Far better to have a minimal incision facelift is you want to remove the appearance of the jowls at this point.  Hope this helps.

Filler Customizable for Facial Augmentation

+1
Filler is a great choice in the cheeks. Radiesse works well and is very customizable.  It can be placed specifically where you need it without the anatomical constraints of implants.  This would be a very good solution to your concerns. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Deflated cheeks after removal of poorly placed implants.

+1

Proper placement of combinationalar submalar implants is best for you to restore volume. This can be done by an experienced surgeon to give a natural result.