Midface Plus Tear Trough, Submalar Combo, or Filler? (photo)

Mid 40's, I had malar implants removed 7 months ago, were showing thru under super-thin skin. I want to make sure I choose best option for my facial structure. Have consulted with 3 certified surgeons. Primary complaints: tear trough shadows, lack of volume, lack of structure. Would like tear trough implants, but am wary of midface lift recovery / appearing alien-like. For malar/sub-malar, am wary of adding more lateral projection to already high cheekbones. Filler OK, except puffy & cost.

Malar implants removed 7 months ago, wary of mid face lift recovery and alien appearance.

It's not uncommon for the cheeks to thin out with aging.  Having the malar implants removed has obviously also contributed to an overall loss of volume in that area.  I have performed many Cheek Augmentations with Cheek Implants for over 25 years and in your particular case, I do not believe that you have to return to cheek implants as an option just yet.

I'd suggest trying a filler (I prefer Perlane that flows better than Radiesse in my opinion) to shape your cheeks in the proper aesthetic manner for a man's face.  You are right to be concerned about the appearance after a mid face facelift as this procedure does lift the corners of the mouth and eyebrows.  Far better to have a minimal incision facelift is you want to remove the appearance of the jowls at this point.  Hope this helps.