Midface Plus Tear Trough, Submalar Combo, or Filler? (photo)

Mid 40's, I had malar implants removed 7 months ago, were showing thru under super-thin skin. I want to make sure I choose best option for my facial structure. Have consulted with 3 certified surgeons. Primary complaints: tear trough shadows, lack of volume, lack of structure. Would like tear trough implants, but am wary of midface lift recovery / appearing alien-like. For malar/sub-malar, am wary of adding more lateral projection to already high cheekbones. Filler OK, except puffy & cost.

Filler Customizable for Facial Augmentation

+1

Filler is a great choice in the cheeks. Radiesse works well and is very customizable.  It can be placed specifically where you need it without the anatomical constraints of implants.  This would be a very good solution to your concerns. All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Deflated cheeks after removal of poorly placed implants.

+1

Proper placement of combinationalar submalar implants is best for you to restore volume. This can be done by an experienced surgeon to give a natural result. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.