Midface Lift 2 Weeks Post?

I am two weeks post op after my midface/cheek lift. Although my neck looks great and I have very little bruising, I don't see much difference. No one including my mother notices that I had anything done. Does it take a few months before you see a difference of improvement? I went to a highly respected board certified surgeon.

Midface lifting alone

+1

You are very early after surgery and things may change.  You should know however that a cheek lift, when performed alone without changes to the lower face, tends to result in a subtle rejuvenation- patients will often appear rejuvenated or "healthier" without actually being able to put a finger on a specific change or a dramatically different outcome.   That is the beauty of the cheek lift- friends and family should not notice a change that screams sugary, but will often comment in passing about how nice you look- subtle but significant.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Midface Lift 2 Weeks Postop - No Difference

+1

2 weeks postop is a bit early to make final judgements about a facial procedure.  Looking at before and after pictures may reveal subtle improvements.

Disappointed after mid face lift

+1

It's difficult to comment on your results since there is no photos available. I am sure that your surgeon has your preop photos. While at 2 weeks, it's very, very early in your healing process, you may take a early postop photos and compare it with your preop photos. When you compare photos, then you can pin point the exact areas that you expect to see changes. This allows both you and your surgeon to look at it objectively. I recommend my patient to periodically take photos during the recovery process. You may not see the final result until 3 to 6 months or even longer in some cases. 

Best Wishes,

Not happy with results 2 weeks after facelift

+1

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your result. Two weeks is soon after your surgery, and you still have some healing to do. It is difficult to advise you without seeing photos of before and after your procedures. I would recommend discussing any post-operative concerns with your surgeon, and explaining to him/her what you are unhappy with. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your recovery. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/midfacelift-facelift/

Disappointed with facelift

+1

Sorry about your disappointment, Diana. Without seeing you I am guessing, but the most common cause of dissatisfaction with a facelift is either poor communication with your surgeon or unrealistic expectations. Often, people request, or are talked into, some 'mini' version of a real operation. Naturally, it is only human to seek out a procedure that is not only less expensive but 'less invasive' than that recommended by stodgy convention. Operations on the mid-face are a little controversial, many practitioners preferring the simplicity of fillers over the vicissitudes of mid face elevation. Truth be known, full facelifts do little for the mid face either, but do have a dramatic effect on the jowl and neck.

Facelift and No Difference

+1

Hi Diana,

I think it is difficult to answer your question specifically without before and after pictures and more information:

• How old are you? How much sagging skin did you have in the face and neck before surgery?
  • I have had a few facelift patients who didn't think much had changed ("no one has noticed a difference") until I reviewed their before/after pictures with them. Then they could see a noticable difference.
  • If your visible signs of facial aging were minimal before surgery, then the after results will not be dramatic.
  • Take after pictures in a couple of months and review these next to your before pictures to evaluate your final result.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Results

+1

You should be able to answer your own question.  You mention that your neck looks great but you don't see much difference in your face.  At 2 weeks it is way to early to make a final decision but most patients should be able to see changes.  Sometimes you need to put the before and after photos side by side to compare.  If you are pleased, don't worry what others think.  They probably don't even recall what you looked like before your facelift and are not in a position to really judge.  

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Facelift 2 weeks post op

+1

Without photos it is hard to determine the out come of your surgery.  It would be wise to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your surgery.  Most patients still have some swelling at 2 weeks post op.  It takes weeks to months to see the final results of your surgery.

Midface lift results

+1

Without photographs, it is difficult to tell the outcome from your surgery.  I would suggest you review your preoperative photos and your present appearance with your surgeon so you can see if there is any change in your appearance.  Generally, a result can be seen right away.  Since there is almost always swelling after the procedure, This swelling usually makes the result look even better.  I think you can best judge from your photos if there has been any change.  I would speak to your surgeons about your concerns and discuss whether any further improvements could be made if you are not happy.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon