Midface Lift with Artefill Already Present in Tear Troughs and Upper Cheeks?

I have 3 syringes total in these areas for volume obviously and was wondering if it is still possible to have an endoscopic midface lift..

+1

Photos, of your face, would help in the evaluation.  Permanent fillers, in the face, fall with the fatty tissue layer within which the filler is placed.  If your cheeks are the proper aesthetic shape, then a minimal incision Face Lift like our "Celebrity Face Lift" would be recommended.  If the Artefil is in the wrong place or in the wrong amount aesthetically, some or all may be removed using micr-liposuction with augmentation of the cheeks with either cheek implants or a temporary filler.  Fat transfer IMHO is not nearly as reliable as an off the shelf filler like Perlane which is my preferred filler for shaping the cheeks.  Remember endoscopic face Lifts do not have incisions around the ear and as such do not allow removal of excess skin which is an integral part of any Face Lift.

Yes, it is still possible to have an endoscopic midface lift even if you have has 3 syringes of Artefill injected.

+1

Yes, it is still possible to have an endoscopic midface lift even if you have had 3 syringes of Artefill injected into your tear troughs and cheeks.

See two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area to be sure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Midface lift after aftefill

+1

This is not a material that I am enthusiastic about.  Fat is a much better filler and carries far fewer complications.  It may be possible to have a midface lift, but it all comes down to the physical exam by a highly experienced plastic surgeon.  One always worries about the possibility of infection with this material.

John Q. Cook, MD

Mid facelift with filler in place

+1

In these circumstances I prefer to do fat grafting to get the desired result. Surgery thru a filler are in some cases spreads the filler to places you dont want it..

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fillers do not lift faces only refill/los rellenos faciales no levantan los tejidos solo los rellenan

+1

yes you may improve your face but it would it better first lifting mid face and after filling  with any kind of  collagenes, but still my be done.

si los rellenos de colagenos no son obstaculo para hacer un levantamiento de la mitad  de la cara aunque lo correcto debio de ser primero levantar y luego rellenar

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Vertical Facelift thru Artefill

+1

Injecting sand-like permanent filler into the thinnest and most visible skin in the body is hardly a good idea in either the short or long term. The ease of operating through this filler would be determined by the extent of scarring ( or as filler companies spin it "the collagen formation") caused by the filler. Before embarking on another potentially life altering decision I would suggest you consult several Plastic surgeons with what you wanted corrected / improved NOT by asking for an operation which may not help you as much as you think it may.

good Luck. 

Peter A Aldea, MD

Memphis, TN