Midface lift to address my sagging cheeks and folds around my nose and my mid face (I am 51)? (photo)

I do not want fillers! I basically want to explore surgical interventions to make my cheeks and midface more pulled back. What am I exploring: a facelift? I do NOT want fillers even tho I have a bit now in my UPPER cheeks only. I am a 51 year old woman with no previous surgeries or interventions. Thank you!

Midfacelift lift to address my sagging cheeks and folds around my nose and my midface?

+1
A midface lift differs from a traditional facelift as it can improve the nasolabial folds by repositioning the malar fat pad which descends with age. You may benefit from this procedure. Your best option would be to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon who has expertise in this procedure.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midfacelift at 51 - You look great be careful about what you do from here

+1
First, you look great at 51. You appear to have a very nice jawline and full cheeks. I di see that you have naso-labial folds, but you need to be careful about how you address this area.

A simultaneous, adjacent change with aging is an increase in fat volume in the anterior lower cheek, immediately above the nasolabial folds. This creates a heavy appearance in the lower cheek and deepens the nasolabial folds. The increase in anterior lower cheek fullness creates a situation where no amount of fat grafting in the nasolabial folds will actually improve the appearance of the nasolabial folds, unless some of the excess fat is simultaneously removed from the area immediately above. If one tries to improve this by fat grafting alone, then you unfortunately end up with a big lump at and above the nasolabial folds.

It is impossible to provide a totally accurate assessment based just on these few photos. Ideally, I would see a patient in person, and I would ask that they bring with them pictures of themselves from years past

I would like an in-person consultation, or at least more photos before providing a surgical plan, but I would not recommend filling the nasolabial folds without addressing the cheek area.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Face lift

+1

Your options are a mid-face lift,

A lower face lift (which can lift the cheeks),

A cheek implant,

A combination of these.

Consult a plastic surgeon and review photographs with him/her to see what is best for you.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Face lift for age 51

+1

The primary goals of a facelift include lifting the jowls, tightening up facial and neck muscles, removing fat in the neck, and tightening facial and neck laxity. For many examples of face lifting results please see our facelift photo gallery link below.

Midface Lifting Approaches

+1

Your midface options include either some form of a midface lift or malar shell implants. (since you have excluded fillers which I assume also means fat) Midface lifts can lift sagging cheek tissues but there are risks of lower eyelid scars and corner of the eye deformities and a more extensive surgery. The right type of cheek implant (submalar vs shell) provides a lift by volume enhancement and is less extensive of a procedure but it does involve an implant. Either midface approach has its advantages and disadvantages and is far more technically sensitive than many facelifts for example. You need to be well educated and to choose a surgeon who has a lot of experience with both midface approaches.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Facelift vs. midface lift?

+1

this is a common question. More photos as would help. Facelifts treat the lower chef and neck. Mid facelifts treat the upper cheek and nasolabial crease.

Facelift

+1

A thorough consultation is needed to understand your concerns regarding the aging face, and what bothers you most, and what you want to achieve. After evaluation of the face the plastic surgeon (Board Certified Plastic Surgeon ) By the American Board Of Plastic Surgery) will be able to discuss all your options.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com