My Mid Facelift Does Not Look Sucessful to Me. Surgeon Said I Still Need Co2 Laser.

My mid facelift does not look sucessful to me. My sugeon said I would not be happy with a neck lift only, but my mid face still looks saggy. When I asked him about it he said that I still need a CO2 laser and that at that point I will see the lift. This does not seem right to me. I really thought that the mid face would look lifted immediately. It has been 3 months and I feel that my mid face does not look good. Can you tell me what I might expect from CO2 laser treatment? Thank youl.

Fractional CO2 laser in association with a facelift or necklift procedure

+1
As a plastic surgeon that combines laser resurfacing with facelifts and necklifts, I believe that there are two components that make results from a neck lift or face lift exceptional; the quality of the skin and the fascial support.  It seems as though the facelift that you recently requested helped with the fascial support, but you may still need improvement in the skin tone and resiliency.  I have found that the fractional CO2 laser can support this aspect of your facial rejuvenation and I would advise you to proceed with the fractional CO2.  The Fractional CO2 in my Santa Monica practice can dramatically improve skin tone and skin elasticity with the settings I use.  Make sure that your surgeon treats your skin prior to laser resurfacing, if applicable, including application of peritreatment Melarase AM and Melarase PM (or similar product).

Web reference: https://kareskin.com/product-detail/14/melarase-pm-dark-spot-repair.aspx

Mid face lift and CO2 laser

+1

Co2 laser is indicated for wrinkles and pigmentation. The co2 will help with the skin sagging, however I would be cautious. Most physicians do not promote it as a device to help with sagging. Although you will get a tightening effect, it is sometimes not not as impressive as the improvement you will see with wrinkles, pigmentation, texture and tone of the skin.  

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

CO2 laser treatment

+1

Midface lift,  lifts the cheek area. If you have wrinkled skin, the midface lift may improve this by stretching but does not remove these. Treatment of skin requires some type of peeling such as CO2 laser or chemical peel etc. Peeling will remove or improve the skin texture.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon