Endoscopic Mid Facelift Gone Wrong, Can it be Fixed?

I got a mid facelift a few days ago by a famous PS in NYC. I am 22 years old but had loose skin a very slight sagging of my cheeks. PS said that a mid facelift would help this. He did not however tell me that this procedure would change my eyes. I am very worried b.c my eyes are very pulled up and cat like now. I am so embarrassed.. Does this usually happen? Can it be fixed? Someone please ease my fears as I am severely distraught.

Even the "famous " guru's can have poor judgement

+2

Dear rhino lady We out here in private practice love to pay homage  to the famous PS and of course we are shocked when they have problems. The first major problem in your situation is to whether you should have had a facial procedure AT ALL at 22! Dr. Famous may just be the most visible advertiser and has a lot of bills to pay.  Secondly, it appears you were not well informed about what the procedure would do or possibly not do. Lastly, since you are only a few days post op you're likely to resolve all of your concerns if you will be patient. Posting photos help us to decide how to advise. Good luck

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Too Early To Evaluate Results

+1

A cheek lift requires supporting the lower eyelids to prevent complications. This temporarily changes the appearance of the eyelids.  It is too early to evaluate your results. I would recommend discussing your concerns in further detail with your surgeon.  Be patient.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am sorry to hear of your concern and I hope you've continue to heal. The most important thing to remember four days following facial surgery is that swelling tends to be significant and this can distort your facial features. Midface lifting in particular can cause swelling for weeks even up to several months. Time should result in a significant improvement in the facial changes that concern you. It's easier said than done but patience is critical in this early period following surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sadly, no.  Mid Face Lifts are performed by lifting the perosteum off of the facial bones and elevating the tissue upward and back.  This by nature of the pull makes the corners of the eyes and mouth elevate up and back creating a look that IMO is not aesthetically attractive.  I prefer using a minimally invasive version of a traditional Face Lift that allows for excision of excess skin, tightens/lifts and trims the SMAS as well as shape the center of the face.  Be sure that the Face Lift Surgeon, you choose, unsderstands and follws the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  

Facelift results

+1

It takes time for your face to heal after facelift surgery. Try to be patient and allow the swelling to go down. The swelling can take several weeks to months to go away completely and see your final results. 

Being that you are only 22, are you sure you didn't get a liquid facelift (ie only fillers) or did you actually have surgery? 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Midface Lift

+1

Be patient, you are just a few days into the recovery.  Things typically soften and relax as the swelling comes down.  But, worst case scenario, the material used for a midface lift are usually removable. 

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after a mid-face lift

+1

You just had surgery and the swelling and result are just evolving and are exaggerated.  Just give yourself time to heal.  It is very common for patients to worry right after they have facial surgery.  I would be surprised if you look the same way in a week or two.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

You need to wait more time...

+1

You did not say when your surgery was, but givent hat your nose is still in a splint, I suspect you are less than a week after your surgery. There will be significant swelling after an endoscopic midface lift and a rhinoplasty. The swelling can take a few weeks to get significantly better, and can take months to completely go away.  You need to be a little patient.  After a few months you will be able to have a better idea.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Mid face lift

+1

I am sorry that a surgeon would take a 22 years and do a mid face lift. There is no way a 22  has aged enough to justify a mid face lift

As for your cat eyes, wait till all swelling is gone then nsee a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board Of Pla tic Surgery).

Have your operative report and preop and post op pictures with you for future consultations