Am I a Candidate For a Mid Face Lift? Tried Injectable Fillers and was Unsatisfied. (Photo)

Hi At 32, I suffer from a prematurely aged mid face area. Gravity has pulled the fat down from the area underneath my chin bone to below the corners of my mouth as you can see. Would a mid face lift help me to reduce my 'jowly' appearance as well as reducing the hollowed cheeks, drawn face look? My aim would not be to look 25, but to not have people surprised when I tell them my real age. I've tried restylane (1ml each side) in the cheek, didn't think it helped much. Thanks

Cheek Improvement

+2

When I look at your picture, it appears that your bone is somewhat flat in your midface.  So, you don't have as much craniofacial support as other people which contributes to descent of your midface.  In my hands, I would not go for the midface lift but instead add to that deep structure with either cheek implants (permanent but removable) or fat grafting (somewhat permanent).  Of course, there are pluses and minuses to either procedure which would need to be discussed in greater detail. Filler such as Juvederm is great for lips and fine lines not my first choice for cheek area. Find someone who offers both and whose pictures you admire.  Good luck!

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mid face lift or cheek implants?

+1

I enjoy performing the mid face lift to use your own tissues to restore youthful volume to the cheek area, but your pictures show that you do not have much tissue to lift.  Therefore you need some sort of implant to the cheeks.  Although fat injections are an excellent method to add volume to the cheeks, you may need more than one procedure.  I would therefore suggest cheek implants to help you meet your goals with one procedure that gives a permanent result.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Mid Face Lift in 32 Year Old Man

+1

It is difficult to clearly see your cheeks in the picture submitted, but I think volume replacement would be more beneficial than a cheek lift. You said that you did not have a oood result with fillers, but i would suggest you use another product like Sculptra or your fat, which i have used successfully for many years. Injections can also be used to camouflage your jowls; a mid face lift will not improve the jawline contour.

Midface lift is not a good option in my opinion

+1

I don't particularly like the midface lift. I would suggest volumizing with the YoungVolumizer, the breakthrough incision less face lift. Below is a video to illustrate our answer better. We have other informative videos and information on our website and a link is included to help you find us.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early aging in the mid face

+1
Personally I think you would benefit from fat transfer to help provide volume that has been lost. This is a failry simple procedure with great results in patients like yourself. The volume loss is exaggerating the nasolabial area complaints and fat injections would help restore proper volume providing a more youthful appearance. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Midface Lift or Volume for Hollowed Cheeks

+1

You look fairly young, and your primary issue may be volume loss. It is difficult to make a precise recommendation from a photo, but cheek implants (submalar) may be worth considering. Fat grafting can also help but may not be as dramatic in your case.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface volume loss leads to tear troughs and nasolabial folds

+1

Current concepts of aging suggests that skeletal resorption, combined with fat atrophy and ptosis, leads to a relative excess of skin that drapes around the midface.  If the suit is too big, it needs to be altered.  The idea of putting volume, like shoulder pads, in an oversized suit doesn't look good.  Best to consider a qualified tailor to make suit alterations, or a board certified plastic surgeon to tuck your excess skin.  Only then, after the suit fits, will volume enhancements work best.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Improve hollow looking cheeks

+1
The best approach, in my experience, for a long term correction that will not only give volume but an, improved shape, would be insertion of malar/ submalar shell silicone implants. There are some surgeons who might recommend fat transfer.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift for early aging cheeks.

+1

I do not think a midface lift is the solution to your problem. Radiesse will definitely improve your nasolabial creases but you may need submalar cheek implants as well. I would need to see more photos.

Aging

+1

You have deep nasolabial fold, loss of volume in the mid face.

Cosult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) after complete analysis, you may benifit from fat transfer ofmini face lift