Mid-Face Lift 7 Years Old

Hello, I had a mid-face lift 7 years ago. It was very aggressive and my cheeks looked as though they had been folded in half, instead of flat, and they sat very high up. I hated the look and still do. Now that I am aging it looks horrible and one of my cheeks is still sitting slightly higher than the other. What I want to know is there a reversal procedure for this surgery, I would rather not be cut again, so it would be great if there were other non-intrusive procedures I could have?

Reversing the unwanted effects of a midface lift

+2

It's difficult to answer your question without an image to guide, but a few comments are pretty straightforward.  Reversing the height of a midface-lifted cheek is difficult and not worth the procedure.  Your lower lid or cheek may get additionally distorted.  If there is cheek asymmetry now, either by volume or by position, the addition of soft tissue fillers can help offset that.  One cheek could be built up more than the other, or could be artfully reshaped using a number of fillers, or even your own fat.   The choice of the filler is often physician dependant, so find a surgeon that you like and trust, discuss the options, and follow their lead.  They may like lipotransfer, hyaluronic acid fillers like restylane or juvederm, radiesse, or sculptra.  In fact, the HA fillers are also reversible, so if you are skittish about more interventions and want more precise control if you don't like filler corrections, that may be the best first choice (you could then do something more permanent the second round once the correction is "proven".)  Or you could just go with a more permanent solution like fat transfer right away.  Just make sure you are comfortable with your decision this time before forging ahead too quickly.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Many. many midface lifts are terrible surgeries.

+2

Yes there are non-surgical options.  Restylane and Perlane can be used to reinflate the midface.  These fillers are actually more powerful than the surgeries.  The service does wear off in one or two years.  However, this is very acceptable time frame for many.  Is more surgery a cheaper, better option?  To me it is not a questions of price.  It is a matter of what needs to accomplished and what is the best way to get it done.  There are situations where surgery is really the only viable option.  Fortunately in many cases, the filler revolution has made this the first line option in many cases.  Now the bad news.  WIll you find an injector with the skills to do the filler treatment you need in Portland.  Not necessarily.  I certainly would encourage you to look for such an injector because that is much easier than having to fly down to Los Angeles for service and then coming back for adjusts.  However so you know, I have many European and American patients who do just that.

Unhappy with midface lift

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Sam Naficy, MD

Midface lift is a dangerous operation.

+1

I have seen a number of patients with results similar to what you describe,  In my opinion, the design of the midface facelift (as I understand it) is anatomically flawed.  Because of this the results are unpredictable and often disappointing.  You need a consultation with a very experienced plastic surgeon to see if your problems are correctible. 

Reverse effects of mid face Lift done 7 years ago.

+1

Sadly, there's no non-surgical solution for this issue and in fact a revision Face Lift would have only a minimal chance of reversing the cheek effects from the mid face lift.  I have performed Face Lifts for over 20 years and I am not a fan, nor do I perform Mid Face Lifts.  The nature and angle of pull of these face lift variants cause the fatty tissues up onto the cheeks in a lateral (outside ) position that is not aesthetically correct or pleasing, IMHO. 

I would need to see photos, of your face, but would think some method to re-shape the cheeks should be the highest priority at this point.

Use Sculptra to reshape a more youthful appearance

+1

I would suggest to use Sculptra to reshape your face into a more youthful appearance.  This is a non-intrusive procedure.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Midface Lift

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your previous surgery.  Most likely the situation can be improved; however, it is difficult to assess without having more information.  If you prefer a non-surgical approach, there are many different ways to soften and improve your appearance.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Mid face lift

+1

It's hard to advise you without photos to see what actually is of greatest concern. There is no surgical "release" at this point but judicious use of fillers can help improve your facial contour.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversal of midface lift.

+1

Reversal may be possible but it is impossible to give any advice without seeing you or photos of your face.

Need photos

+1

Photos are definitely very important to assess what's going on with your mid-face lift

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon