I had the mid-face lift at age 46. It's been years since then and it's bothered me since the surgery which I regret terribly. The malar crescents showed immediately after the surgery and I did not have them prior to the surgery. The doctor simply said "Those are your cheeks," when I asked him what those weird bags were after surgery. I was horrified. Is there anything that can be done? Could cheek implants cover them??
Mid-face Lift Left Malar Bags Atop my High Cheekbones- How to Correct?
Doctor Answers (4)
Malar Bags Correction with Midface Lift or Malar Implants
These are some general concepts with regards to Malar Bags;
- There are a variety of available techniques to correct "Malar Bags".
- If they are superficial, the skin may need to be addressed directly.
- Implants will not correct skin problems or Malar Bags.
- Be careful as many mistaken different conditions with diagnosis of "Malar Bags"
- Pictures would help with more precise diagnosis and recommendation.
- Please consult a board certified Plastic Surgeon.
Malar bags were most likely there before surgery except a bit more camouflaged. They are due to edema like someone gets in their feet. These do not go away.
Cheek Implants for Malar Bags
There are several treatments for malar bags, which are basically revisions of your previous cheek lift. Cheek implants will not reduce or eliminate the bags. See an experienced physician - correction of the malar bags can be frustrating for patient and surgeon.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.