Can a Mid Face Lift Help with the Baggy Cheeks? I Have Big, Baggy Droopy Cheeks. (photo)

when my face is in a neutral positionI have baggy cheeks that looks saggy from nose down. When I smile my cheeks lift up and i then have a heart shaped face but when in neutral position it is more like a square it looks like I have more cheeks on my lower face than on my cheek bones but I cannot say I have flat cheekbones either.what is the best solution to treat that? I have tried fat injections before which helped with the cheek enhancement around the bone, is a mid face lift solution for me?

Concentrate on your great features, not your perceived flaws

+4

Thanks for including the photos in your question.  Because what I see is a young looking beautiful woman with great features.  I get hordes of women coming to see me for filler injections in their lips so that they can get them to look like yours.  You  have a very natural appearance to your nose and a beautiful smile.  I see no evidence of aging such as jowls or wrinkles.  If I were in your shoes I would be thankful for all the great things you have going and save your money.  

Midfacelift for baggy cheeks

+2

I would not recommend a mid-facelift for you.  Your midface shows signs of fat resorption, which is common in the aging process.  You would benefit from facial fillers, such as Radiesse to restore volume to the midface. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Midface lifts are not useful in my opinion. you would benefit from face lifting and fat grafting

+2

I would suggest fat grafting, the YoungVolumizer, and a lower face lift as suggestions on improvement.  Notice how your cheeks have lost some of the shininess from the lost of volume over the years.  Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift with conservative Fat Injections

+1

Hi Miyoki,

For starters you don't need much done at all. Your needs are subtle and therefore I would recommend conservative and natural procedures.

Looking at your pictures I can see that you have mild jowls and sagging skin at your jaw line and flat cheeks from the front view. When you smile you do have nice cheek contour and it would be nice to see some of that at rest.

A Mini Lift would improve your jowls and "clean up" the lower third of your face giving it a sleeker look. Conservative fat injections will give your upper face more fullness at rest. In combination you will end up with a nice "heart shaped" face.

Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD

Midface lift

+1

You have very early signs of aging and a mid-facelift will be of no benefit.  Consider fillers  for now.  

Mid Facelift And Baggy Cheeks

+1

Possibly.  Fat injection/sculpting should not only enhance the fullness of the cheek and cheekbone area but should also provide a lifting to the cheeks as well.  If you didn't get that kind of effect from the fat injections, a midface lift might be needed and the best next step.  Midface lifts have as their direct goal treating the exact kind of problem you've described.

Lyle M. Back, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Mid Face Lift = Long haul for Short Slide

+1

I personally feel that the subperiosteal midface lift is a procedure that is overly aggressive, high risk, low yield, and a procedure I rarely use.  It was considered an interesting development in the 1990's and was probably over-utilized.  I would like to second Dr. Haeck's opinion and would not recommend this procedure for you.  If anything, fillers and/or a form of Botulinum toxin type A (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) would be a preferable.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mid cheek lifts? Fillers!

+1

I don't believe you need a mid cheek lift.  Fillers should give you the suggestion of a fuller face without resorting to a mid cheek lift.  The lift may exaggerate the deformity and continue to give you too much fullness.  Sometimes fillers are more appropriate for the patient, and I believe this may be one of those times.

Good luck.  Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Midface lift may do the trick for deflation and descent of the cheeks

+1

This is what happens as we age: there is a loss of volume of the soft tissues and some gravitational change. The cheek is less full and the distance between the apple of the cheek and lower lid lengthens. Addressing the upper face with a midface lift with an incision between the temple and sideburn I believe would work well. My favorite nonsurgical alternative is Sculptra. Sculptra is an injectible filler that fills and lifts the midface, shortening the distance between the lower lid and cheek, and providing nice fill.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Wow, I would fundamentally disagree with your assessment of your face.

+1

Flat out, midface surgery will wreck you.  You would greatly benefit from hyaluronic acid fillers for your face.  Please be careful what you look for because some surgeon will oblige you and perform midface surgery.  Then you will be treking out to Los Angeles to see me for the fix.