Natural Look After Mid Face Lift and Fat Transfer Swelling?

I have had Cheek implants for 4 years and I have been happy with these. My eyes looked very hollow though and a Fat transfer was performed 25 days ago to remedy this. I also had a Mid-face lift at the same time.

Right now my cheeks are massive. I am really frightened that they are still so huge after 25 days and I'm beginning to doubt if the result will be natural/normal.

My surgeon has said that the result will be normal but I would really appreciate some other input. Can I expect to look natural in 6-8 weeks?

Swelling after Midface Lift and Fat Augmentation

+1

While I frequently do both procedures, I rarely do them at the same time because the goal of each is to improve cheek contour. Swelling after these procedures is normal, and will be worse when both were done in the same surgery. There is nothing you can do at this time except be patient. Hopefully everything will improve over the next 6-8 weeks.

You would expect significant swelling after the procedure

+1

Combination of midface lift and fat transfer can result in the expected post-operative swelling. With previous cheek implant surgery, drainage patterns may be effected and the resulting swelling may take longer to clear.

Your surgeon should be able to determine whether there is any localized fluid collection that is contributing to the swelling. You may also ask your surgeon whether gentle lymphatic massage could help clear the swelling. If there are no unexpected complications, you can expect to see significant reduction in the swelling by week 6.

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Cheek swelling after midface lift and fat grafting

+1

Both, midface lift and facial fat injections will lead to swelling of the cheeks. If these procedures are performed in conjunction, you will have significantly more swelling. Most of what you see after 2 weeks is swelling. I would guess that after 6 weeks things will look pretty good with only little swelling remaining.

Stay in close touch with your surgeon who will have the advantage of having performed the procedure. He also knows best the range of swelling he sees after the combination of such a procedure.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon