Cheek Lift and Other Options for Patients in Their 20s

I am 23. I have droopy cheeks, extra skin/fat in the jowl/chin area, and visible lower eye whites. When I smile these issues are accentuated. Would a cheek lift address these issues and how do I find facial surgeons who have extensive experience on younger patients?

Volume loss is face requires volume

+1

you look like you have some volume loss. A face lift or cheek lift will not improve your situation. You need to have volume. cheek implants could help you but they are more invasive and the recovery is harder than other options. Fat injections are definitely a great option. Go to someone with a lot of experience. Find out about their techniques and whether they are confident that the fat grafting will survive.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting facelift

+1

I would strongly recommend staying away from midface lifts cheek lifts implants and permanent fillers.  These are not good choices for your concerns.  In my practive you would get a profractional Erbium laser treatment followed by fat grafting to give you an elevated refreshed look.   I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Cheek Lift for Patient in Their 20's

+1

Never say never, but cheek implants or fillers are more commonly used in youger patients. A surgeon who does facial cosmetic surgery will discuss your goals and explain thealternatives.

Facial fillers or mid face lift in a young individual with facial aging and droopy cheeks

+1

Although a mid face lift might accomplish your goals that would be, as we describe, a  "long run for a short slide. " Your high degree of aesthetic expectations are more likely to be short lived following this procedure and will require repetition over and over in order to maintain the result. In most situations, I would not perform or advise this procedure in an individual your age. However, if you look, you will find someone to perform the procedure. This is your second post on this and obvidously it is important to you. First try temporary fillers if you remain bent on an intervention. 

Cheek lift or Midface Lift and other options

+1

I have a lot of experience with cheek lifts or midface lifts in younger people and my preferred technique is the endoscopic forehead/midface lift with buccal fat transposition.  Midfacial aging does begin to occur in the mid to late 20s.  But generally mid to late 30s  is the minimum age I would consider for this procedure.  Sounds like your issues may be somewhat congenital or skeletal since you have them at such a young age.  Adding volume whether with microfat transfer, fillers, sculptra or cheek implants is probably the way to go at your age but difficult to tell without a thorough evaluation.   Adding volume with one of these methods can give you the same look as having a lift with less trouble. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not ready for cheeklift yet!

+1

At your age I would use fillers such as Sculptra to volumize your upper cheeks and Laser-Assisted-Liposuction to remove jowls and tighten skin.  A mid-face lift would be "overkill," given your photos.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Cheeck Lift

+1

You do not need a lift. You may explore the possibilities of

1: fat transfer

2: Malar or submalar implant

See aq Board Certified plastic surgeon for your options and expectations and risks of each procedure.

Cheeklift for droopy cheeks for patients in their 20's.

+1

There is an exception to everything, but it would be almost never that I would do a cheeklift on patients that young. You may need cheek implants instead which is far more common. See an experienced plastic surgeon and be careful of you you pick.

More volume in the cheeks

+1

If you need  volume in the cheeks, I recommend fat grafting.  This is relatively noninvasive and an excellent way for you to work with your plastic surgeon to achieve the results that you desire.

Raj S. Ambay, MD