Can a Mid-face/brow Lift with a Bio-degradable Device Be Adjusted?

I (mid 50s) got a mid-face lift combined with a lat. brow lift. The doc moved into my temples and inserted some device. I am still swollen from the surgery, but I see my sagging cheeks coming back! Once I smooth with my finger over my skin, I see 1/2 inch of sagging skin that could be removed without that I would look too tight. Why aren't the hanging cheeks gone? I have bio-degradable implants in my face, can they pulled up tighter? If yes, does that need another operation and recovery time?

Sagging cheks after mid face lift

+2

Mid face lifts are a little less popular than they were about 5-10 yrs ago

they are powerful in the right patient

a patient in her mid 50s may not benefit from a mod face lift alone

a full facelift with attention to elevating the smas and malar fat pad may be required

with regard to absorbable implants are you talking about the endotyne

if so the forhead ones are can be adjusted in the first day or two

San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Devices to hold up faces slip

+1

These devces are notorius for letting tissue slip over time. Forget radjusting them . Have an experienced doctor  do a real facelift including the areas you are dissatisfied with.This will last and all parts of the face will match

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Tissue droop after midfacelift.

+1

The absorbable implants are likely the Endotine implant that holds the tissue up temporarily (several months) to give time for the repositioned tissue to heal in its new location. If you are seeing extra skin on the surface you may need some skin tightening when the healing is a little more mature. I feel it is always better to be conservative early and a little revision is much safer than pulling the tissue too tight initially.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Mid Face Still Sagging after Midface Lift

+1

The device that was used was most likely and endotine. These work by resuspending the periosteum or deepest level of the face. Over time, and expecially in older patients, the more superficial layers will slide down over the deeper layers, resulting in recurrent sag. A revision, with skin repositioning, and perhaps fat grafting, is probably appropriate for you.

Karen Vaniver, MD

Generally, this type of "adjustment" means another surgery.

+1

However, the fact that you are still swollen, I recommend a degree of patience.  Allow yourself to heal a full 6 months or more before deciding that additional surgery is needed.  I personally am not a big fan of the endotine device.  Having said that, many surgeons find them a very useful tool in performing mid face surgery.  Consider posting photographs on this forum if you continue to have concerns.