Microsurgery on Dorsal Region of the Nose?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can microsurgery be performed in the dorsal region of the nose, with an aim to treat damaged nerves, in that same area? This treatment should ideally include the excision of the damaged nerve/nerves in my nose, and the insertion of a nerve allograft, such as the nerve graft Avance from the US-based company AxoGen Inc, in its/their place! Thanks ever so much in advance for your help!

Sincerely Yours,
Nordic

Microsurgery not typically done on nasal bridge.

+1

Thanks for your question Nordic.  Unfortunately, damaged nerves are very extremely difficult to repair let alone replace with an allograft.  Microsurgery is not typically performed on the nasal bridge. 

Microsurgery for nose

+1

It is very unclear by your description what the problem is exactly.  Is there a nasal defect or previous injury causing you problems?  For how long?  etc..  You definitely need to be examined and a thorough history obtained before suggesting anything to you.

Microsurgery for repair of nose

+1

I would want to know more about what happend to your nose and what the problem seems to be at the present time. I am not aware of any microsurgical nerve repair for the nose. The sensory nerves for the nose are extremely small and not amenable to nerve grafting techinques.

You should have your surgeon clarify the procedure and the expected results. Based on what you have stated, the surgery does not appear to be justified.

Maurice M. Khosh, MD

I have never heard of this.

+1

Not only have I never heard of this, I would doubt that it can give you what you are seeking. I would be very  careful if I were you.

Microsurgery for nerve repair to nose

+1

Anything is possible but this is far from a common procedure and one that I am not aware of being performed in the US.

The chances of success would clearly be related to the mechanism of injury and the inherent state of the proximal nerve