Is Micropigmentation for Scar Revision Effective?

I had a knee injury over a year and a half ago. Shattered my patella in 3 pieces. As a result, I have a white flat and flush with the rest of my skin scar. It's about 6" in length and some areas of the scar are thinner than others.

I have been reading on scar micropigmentation and am very interested in trying if I know for sure it's going to work. Any advice will help. Thanks,

Look into scar revision.

+2

I tend to look to reduce scars as opposed to trying to color them in. Make sure you are seeing an experienced plastic surgeon and get a few opinions.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Scar micropigmentation for light scars

+1

Scar micropigmentation is feasible in very select areas.  Most of the time, patients benefit from scar revision as the color of the pigment will fade with time. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar micropigmentation: Winter blues or Summer bronze?

+1

Micropigmentation may improve the scar but the question is should you introduce your summer tan or your winter pale color. Clearly you need to introduce an intermediate color but it will likely be slightly darker than you winter skin appearance and lighter than your summer skin color.