How Does Microneedling Work?

I've heard that micro-needling is a good tool to add to my skin care regime. What are the pros and cons?

How Micro-needling Works

+1
Micro-needling is an excellent tool to incorporate into a clinical skin care regimen. Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, it stimulates the production of collagen to retexturize the skin, address fine lines and wrinkles,surgical scars,acne scars, stretch marks and pigmentation irregularities.  It works by creating fractionated micro-injuries(tiny holes) in the epidermis and dermis. These micro-injuries produce a cascading effect that results in tissue remodeling and strengthening as a result of the body's natural ability to heal itself. The channels that are created also allow for better absorption of your skin care products. Micro-needling is safe for all skin types and wonderful results are achieved with a series of 4-6 treatments spaced approximately 4-6 weeks apart. As with all clinical skin care treatments, a thorough consultation with an experienced provider, in addition to, an appropriate home care regimen (pre & post treatment) will aid in achieving optimal results.  

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon