Is a Microlaser Peel Good For Multiple Types of Acne Scars? (photo)

Hi, I am thinking about getting MicroLaserPeel treatment. I have mild acne scarring on my both cheeks...combination of rolling, box, icepick scars. My scars looks like the photo. Do you think the treatment works for these type of scars? Or should I get different types of laser treatment? Thank you.

Laser for acne scars

+2

Pick the doctor - not the laser. There are many lasers and devices that are effective in treating acne scars. A microlaserpeel alone is not the best option. Fractional devices (lasers or radiofrequency) are currently best for treating acne and other scars. A combination microlaserpeel and fractional erbium laser is very effective. Multiple treatments are needed for optimal results.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scar treatment options

+1

Microlaser peel will improve the texture and tone slightly.  I recommend doing profractional laser therapy instead.  This allows the laser to deeply exfoliate the skin with minimal downtime.  Typically, 3-6 treatments are needed for optimal results.  We have seen amazing results with profractional laser therapy for acne scars.

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS

Acne Scarring

+1

A microlaser peel alone will give you some improvement in the superficial texture of your facial skin but will not give you resolution of your facial scarring.  The best treatment would be a series of microlaser peels combined with deeper fractional resurfacing for treatment of your acne scars.

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser peel for acne scars

+1

You need a more aggressive treatment than a microlaser peel.  Consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who offers subcision and fractional laser treatments which would be more effective for you.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Microlaser Peel Good For Multiple Types of Acne Scars

+1

Choose a physician who can utilize multiple treatments including laser to get maximum improvement for acne scars. Microlaser peel by itself may not be the best laser option. In combination with profractional or erbium, microlaser peel can provide good results on the appropriate patients.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Laser

+1

MIcro Laser peel is a great peel for many things, but for scar treatment as a plastic surgeon i would recommend something a little deeper. Profractional laser with a micro laser peel would hit your skin on 2 different levels. Profractional laser would hit into the 2nd layer of your skin regenerating your own collagean and helping your skin repair  acne scars that are deeper, the micro laser peel would hit the 1 laser of your skin removing the acne scars that are not so deep. Giving your skin a natural glow and reducing your acne scar tramatically.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

MicroLaserPeel for Acne Scars

+1
The MicroLaserPeel or “weekend” skin peel addresses conditions associated with sun damage and aging. As compared with microdermabrasion or light chemical peels, a MicroLaserPeel is a deeper treatment that precisely removes the outermost layers of skin, and treats wrinkles, scars, acne scars, keratoses, and irregular pigmentation. Patients experience smoother, healthier, more vibrant skin, with a significant immediate change in skin texture and tightness. A MicroLaserPeel is the perfect step between microdermabrasion and more aggressive full laser resurfacing. However, I would suggest meeting with a  board-certified doctor for a thorough consultation to discuss the various options available, as there are many. Best of luck! 

Daniel Shapiro, MD