Microdroplet Silicone Injections for Acne Scars?

I have had severe acne and I'm in my early 20's. I am getting my acne under control now but am left with many scars on side of my face and cheeks. I don't mind the discolored scars cause I know they will eventually fade but the scars that look like little dents aren't going to get better alone.

So is microdroplet silicone injections and good idea and what kind of results should I expect cause it's a pretty high price for a college student? And what other options do I have for these rolling/icepick/ boxcar scars ?

Microdroplet silicone injections for Acne Scars

+2

Although microdroplet injections of silicone when used appropriately can give you a nice result, I do not offer this at my office because it is permanent and if there is a complication, you could have a permanent complication. I certainly do not criticize my highly respected colleagues who do offer silicone - I just offer my opinion about the concept. Other options that can give you permanent improvement in your scars include subcision, spot treatment with a strong chemical peeling agent (the Cross Method) and laser resurfacing. Subcision performed along with temporary and sem-permanent fillers should be considered. The laser option is probably prohibitively expensive for a college student.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist