Can You Have a Microdermobrasion Procedure Done when You Have Clogged Pores and Some Comedones on Your Face?

Does your face has to be completely clear? My skin is uneven, with bad texture, looking dead, and with some clogged pores and comedones. I've used retin a for the past few months and while it seems to have improved the texture, it's still bad and irritating my skin, making it look leathery... I have always wanted to try microdermabrasion, since my past dermatologist said it would be good in my case.

Microdermabrasion

+1

If performed by an experienced technician, microdermabrasion can remove the dead surface skin so the Retin A cream can penetrate better.  Stop the Retin A a few days before microdermabrasion and wait a day or after the treatment to restart it.  Avoid sun exposure.

Toronto Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.