Will Microdermabrasion Improve Big Red Spots After Acne?

I have red marks left after acne. They are on my cheeks and they are not just dots but rather big red spots. I am considering having Microdermabrasion. Will it improve the skin? What are these red spots? Are the red marks considered scars? Will they fade with time by itself, how long does it usually take to fade?

Microdermabrasion and Acne Scarring

+1

Red marks usually signify some vascular scarring. Microdermabrasion is used to smooth our the texture of the skin, and helps to even out brown or pigmented scars left over after acne. The skin is left feeling smooth and soft.

Red marks however are left because the blood vessel is either broken, or is closer to the skin so that it shows a visible red color. The IPL laser is the ideal treatment for this kind of scar.

Sometimes, only time alone can help to even out the color, but treatment is recommended to help the healing process of the skin.

Miami Dermatologist