Microdermabrasion Helpful for Skin Lines and Wrinkles?

I am not looking as young as I looked some months back; I discussed about this problem with one of my friend. He advised me to go for microdermabrasion procedure. Thoughts about it?

Microdermabrasion can rejuvenate skin

+3

Microdermabrasion can be used to rejuvenate your skin by removing the top dead layers with a mechanical peel. It also has suction to clean out the pores. It is not a miracle worker but has it's place to make your skin better. It does not have any down time. Remember; The less down time the less the result. It is still worth doing and every little bit helps to undo the sun damage and aging changes we all have. It will also help any products you use work better.

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion is an excellent option for refreshing the skin

+2

Hi there-

Microdermabrasion is an excellent treatment to help refresh your skin and provide a youthful glow.

This treatment only takes about 45 minutes and leaves the skin feeling mild to moderately red like a light sunburn.

Make-up can be applied after about 30 minutes and you can resume your regular activities right away. The redness will generally fade in about 2-4 hours and you may feel slightly flaky for 3-4 days after your treatment.

Wearing an SPF 30 daily and investing in a medical grade skin care line will enhance the benefits as well.

To improve lines and wrinkles you will need to have a series of at least 6 treatments, each about 2-4 weeks apart. If you are looking for a noninvasive procedure with no down time, Microdermabrasion is a great choice.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Microdermabrasion for mild resurfacing

+1

Microdermabrasion is a great first step toward skin rejuvenation. It is a procedure that combines the spray of fine aluminum crystals and a controlled vaccum suction to exfoliate and resurface the top layers of the skin.

Common indications include [but are not limited to]: blackheads and whiteheads, fine lines, sun damage/superficial age spots, and oily skin. As treatments are repeated [as frequently as] once weekly, for 5-9 sessions, younger and softer skin is able to move to the surface, bringing notable changes in pigmentation, tone, and texture.

This procedure may be done on its own, though I often recommend combining it with other cosmetic procedures, such as fillers, light-therapy, or chemical peels, for optimal rejuvenation. Additionally, the right products can enhance and maintain some results of your Microdermabrasion series.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion

+1

Microdermabrasion is a good option for fine lines and surface irregularities. In most cases, it is equivalent to a moderated depth chemical peel, but without the skin reaction.

David Shafer, MD