Microdermabrasion for Wrinkles?

I have some vertical wrinkles or hardening of the skin on my chin due to plucking unwanted heavy white facial hair or maybe the sun. Will microdermabrasion help that?

You may want to start a series of Microdermabrasion treatments

+1

Microdermabrasion is a economical non invasive in office procedure which may help in your situation. Although deeper wrinkles may benefit from surgical or laser treatments, you can try a series of Microdermabrasion treatments to treat this problem. After a series of treatments the quality of your skin should improve dramatically with minimal downtime.

Microdermabrasion can work but will take multiple treatments

+1

There are many types of microdermabrasion machines out there and they vary in terms of how much pressure is created. You can get a superficial peel from the most aggressive types and this can help with fine wrinkles. Again, mulitple treatments may be required to improve there appearance. Fractional resurfacing can help the vertical wrinkles. Volumizing can also help.

When you age, you lose volume in all areas of your face and your chin is no different. Bringing more volume into your chin may be partially the answer to this as well. That is why I developed the VolumeLift which is a revolutionary way to bring volume back into the face for a younger and natural look. Other ways to treat wrinkles are through fillers, CO2 resurfacing, chemical peels, and dermabrasion.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon