Can Microdermabrasion Cause Scarring?

Microdermabrasion and scarring

+1

There are some newer machines in use that do not use sand and I have heard of the possibility of scarring if the diamond head is not applied properly. These are usually only done by the physician, not the medical assistant.

Washington DC Dermatologist

Scarring is not a complication typically associated with Microdermabrasion.

+1

Microdermabrasion is a procedure that uses suction and sand to rejuvenate your skin. It is helpful for skin discoloration, fine lines and wrinkles. Your face may be a bit red for an hour after your procedure, and strict sun avoidance is recommended till all redness has subsided. Your skin will feel smooth and look healthful immediately following your microdermabrasion.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon