Is Microdermabrasion Safe After 60?

I have been receiving microdermabrasion approximately every 6 weeks for about a year. My nurse friend says that she has consulted other nurses in her surgical unit, and they say it could actually be damaging to my skin. From everything I have read here on this website and others, I think it actually is improving and helping my skin. Doctors: please help!

Is Microdermabrasion Safe After 60?

+1

Microdermabrasion has no harm to any age or skin type. It would help buff out old dead skin cells and make the skin healthy and glow. Best of Luck

Microdermabrasion has no age limit

+1

It is safe to have microdermabrasion done at any age.  It continues to remove old surface skin cells, stimulate some collagen and fade brown spots. Skin looks clear and fresh.  Always use sun protection!

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Microdermabrasion after 60

+1

Microdermabrasion is a safe procedure at any age. But, like most procedures, the experience of the person doing the microdermabrasion is the key to getting a good result with minimal adverse reactions. This can be especially important in aging skin as it becomes thinner. Microdermabrasion is an extremely superficial exfoliating treatment for dull or rough skin, age spots, fine lines, wrinkles,  and sun damaged skin.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Does age affect microdermabrasion

+1

That's silly, microdermabrasion is a very superficial skin treatment and can be done on any age. The underlying skin layers aren't affected by microdermabrasion so of course you can have it done. It's not about age, it's about proper skin care in general. I have seen patients who are 30 and have the skin of a 70 year old, and patients who are 75 who have the skin of a 40 year old. It's not the number in your age, it's how you have treated your skin over the years. Enjoy your treatments and keep going.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD