Regular Microdermabrasion for a 49-year-old?

I am 49 years old. How often should I get a microdermabrasion?

Microdermabrasion and frequency

+1

Your skin should be assessed by a dermatologist to see if microdermabrasion is an appropriate treatment for you.  If it is, it can be performed every 4 to 6 weeks to keep skin smooth and stimulate some collagen.  Use sun protection daily.

Toronto Dermatologist

Frequency of microdermabrasion

+1

It should first be determined what you are trying to improve and what the optimal treatment is for your particular concern. You may in fact benefit more from a chemical peel or BOTOX or fillers or laser. I would see a dermatologist to best determine your problem areas and the best way to deal with them. In the meantime, doing a microdermabrasion series of 4-6 treatments one month apart followed by a maintenance regimen every 3-4 months is a good starting point for improving skin texture and tone.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon