Regular Microdermabrasion for a 49-year-old?

I am 49 years old. How often should I get a microdermabrasion?

Microdermabrasion and frequency

Your skin should be assessed by a dermatologist to see if microdermabrasion is an appropriate treatment for you.  If it is, it can be performed every 4 to 6 weeks to keep skin smooth and stimulate some collagen.  Use sun protection daily.

Toronto Dermatologist

Frequency of microdermabrasion

It should first be determined what you are trying to improve and what the optimal treatment is for your particular concern. You may in fact benefit more from a chemical peel or BOTOX or fillers or laser. I would see a dermatologist to best determine your problem areas and the best way to deal with them. In the meantime, doing a microdermabrasion series of 4-6 treatments one month apart followed by a maintenance regimen every 3-4 months is a good starting point for improving skin texture and tone.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon