Will Microdermabrasion Help with Mild Acne Scars?

I just turned 18, and I've had acne troubles since I was 15. The scarring is not that deep, and I've been told that one or two Microdermabrasion will improve my skin a lot. I can't afford expensive treatments. Is microderm worth the money? And what can I expect after a few treatments?

Microdermabrasion is likely to achieve a slight improvement

+1

This will likely only achieve mild improvements in patients with acne. Although some patients will have an excellent response, the vast majority will see only a slight change in their acne scarring. Acne glands and disease usually affects the deep dermis whereas microdermabrasion really only acts on the epidermis.